Dear Big Picture Foundation Community,
Officially, Big Picture Foundation incorporated on January 9th, 2017 and the IRS approved our 501(c)(3) status on June 26th, 2017. Unofficially, BPF started empowering children to build a collaborative and compassionate global community, two years ago. Over the past 2+ years, children’s groups in 12 countries, including Albania, Brazil, Canada, China, England, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Samoa, and the United States have successfully pursued a range of art outreach initiatives and they have worked on “Shared Themes” projects. By pursuing global goals and posting accomplishments online, the kids learn from each other and about each other. They build strength, by developing a global network of friends, while feeling extraordinary pride in their work. Big Picture Foundation is also the most meaningful accomplishment of my life. The Rye, NY home-base children’s leadership group and I have worked nonstop to coordinate programs, develop online content, build global membership groups, and establish best business practices. We’re thriving, but we can not maintain our program or grow without help. We have outgrown our 1 adult employee model. At this time of year, many families choose nonprofit organizations to support. Please consider including Big Picture Foundation on your 2017 charitable giving list.
On TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 28th, up to $50,000 in donations on our Facebook page will be matched by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. $50,000 will automatically turn into $100,000! Please help us reach this goal!
Our primary financial needs are:
- A part-time business/development manager, who will help us stay in compliance with state and federal filings and who will organize capital campaigns
- Eventually, we will needs volunteers to help run an annual gala
- Website maintenance fees, including annual domain renewals, Dropbox, Photoshop, WordPress, and Google business subscription
- State and federal filing fees
- Office, meeting, and award ceremony supplies
Our tertiary financial needs are:
- A compact A3 or B+ color laser printer + toner
- Stipends and salaries for:
- a director of after-school and weekend programs
- a webmaster
- global and local BPF directors
- Re-imbursement for some startup fees
While offering financial support is a clear way to make a difference, there are many other significant ways to help. We welcome:
- Legal team volunteers
- Gala volunteers (we’ll start building a list, now, but we’re not quite ready for a gala)
- Grant writers
- Financial strategists to help establish matching gift campaigns and collaborations with corporate giving programs
- Social media volunteers to oversee and guide kids
- Liaisons who are willing to learn everything about our organization, who will then attend meetings, to help establish collaborations.
Finally, we welcome leads that could help us form meaningful relationships with the IRC, UNICEF, the UNHRC, and other global aid organizations. Our program addresses 6 of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development goals (#3, #4, #10, #11, #16, and #17) and our student leadership group is working on strategies to address #5, “Gender Equality.” The goals involve 193 member states. Big Picture Foundation could help NGOs to meet their mandates and the NGOs could help us provide stipends to global leaders. They could also help us transport basic materials to our groups in conflict zones.